North Dade Medical Foundation Endowed Nursing Scholarship
The North Dade Medical Foundation Endowed Nursing Scholarship provides scholarships for students studying to earn a degree from the College of Nursing & Health Sciences.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a US Citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Be pursuing a bachelors, masters, or doctorate nursing degree in any of the nursing programs in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Barry University Office of Financial Aid and based on the FAFSA form completion and review
- Must indicate an intent to make best efforts to work in Miami-Dade County, using the skills for which the scholarship is awarded, for a period of not less than one year after graduation
- Have a 3.0 or greater cumulative GPA
- Students will submit an essay of no more than 500 words explaining their intention to use their degree to benefit their community
- North Dade Medical Foundation
- Area(s) of Interest
- College of Nursing & Health Sciences
- Supplemental Questions
- 1. I understand that as a condition of my Barry University scholarship funded through the generosity of the North Dade Medical Foundation, I hereby pledge to make a best effort to work in Miami-Dade County, using the skills for which this scholarship was awarded, for a period of not less than one year after graduation from Barry University.
- 2. Describe what efforts you plan to make post graduation to find work in Miami-Dade County. Include comments about your ties to the County and your commitment to fulfilling this pledge.
- 3. Please type your full name to agree.
- Please submit an essay, up to 500 words, explaining your intention to use your degree to benefit your community.