Professor Neill Miller Endowed Scholarship
The Professor Neil Miller Endowment Scholarship was established to memorialize the caring and dedication of Neill M. Miller and provide financial assistance to students in the School of Human Performance and Leisure Sciences (“HPLS”). Funds for this scholarship are disbursed in the recipients’ sophomore, junior or senior year.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current, enrolled, as full-time student in HPLS
- Have completed 15 credit hours
- Have overcome academic challenges to achieve success in their program of study; first consideration to students with documented evidence of financial hardship
- Demonstrate financial need, determined by Barry University Office of Financial Aid & based on the FAFSA form completion & review
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation from their full-time Barry professors
- Submit an essay that articulates how they intend to manifest in their life the values of Barry University
Preference will go to candidates who have demonstrated service, leadership and commitment to the University community through excellent performance in volunteerism and/or service learning and other activities that exhibit the student’s strength of character, responsibility, maturity, honesty, determination, accountability, unselfishness, integrity and other laudable characteristics.
Students who are awarded this scholarship will be eligible for scholarship funding in the subsequent year if they maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.25; satisfy the financial need requirements; and continue to demonstrate the personal character traits described above.