Sister Eulalia LaVoie Scholarship
The Sister Eulalia LaVoie Scholarship was established to honor Sister Eulalia Lavoie. Funds for this scholarship are disbursed in the recipient’s senior year.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be an Exercise Sciences student who has been accepted into the BS to MS degree program
- Have completed at least 60 credit hours
- Have completed an internship at a fitness and wellness center that offers nutritional counseling, seminars, cooking classes, etc. (examples of internship are: Pritkin Longevity in North Miami Beach and University of Miami’s Wellness Center in Coral Gables)
- Have completed a letter of intent stating an interest in pursuing a career and further education in wellness and nutrition
- Have a 3.0 or greater cumulative GPA
- Submit two letters of recommendation, one of which must come from a Barry University professor
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you been accepted into the BS to MS degree program?
- 1. Have you completed an internship at a fitness & wellness center?
- 2. In 300 words or less, please write about the internship you completed at a fitness & wellness center, include date of the internship, types of services offered and a brief description about what you learned.
- Career Goals - Wellness & Nutrition
- 1. Do you intent to pursue a career and further education in wellness & nutrition?
- 2. In 400 words or less, prepare a letter of intent stating your interest in pursuing a career and further education in wellness and nutrition. (If you are not interested in pursuing a career or furthering your education in wellness & nutrition, please type not interested.) Tip: Address the letter to the Sister Eulalie LaVoie Scholarship Selection Committee
- Please provide the name & email address of two (2) individuals who will submit letters of recommendation for you, one must be a Barry University professor. (NOTE: It is your responsibility to make sure your references submit letters of recommendation prior to the deadline. Manage your references in the Reference Section.)