Alma E. Smith Memorial Scholarship
The Alma E. Smith Memorial Scholarship honors Mrs. Smith’s (an alumna of Barry University) lifelong work in social work and her evidenced commitment to social justice. The scholarship supports the advancement of clinical knowledge, skills, and services that promote human rights and social justice. The scholarship assists graduate students attending the Ellen Whiteside McDonnell School of Social Work who demonstrate dedication, commitment and professionalism in practicing the values and skills of professional social work.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be currently enrolled at the University as a full-time, or part-time graduate student
- Be pursuing a degree in the Ellen Whiteside McDonnell School of Social Work
- Have a 3.3 or greater cumulative GPA
- Have practice or research interest in human trafficking, inclusive communities, community wellness, and families
- Have demonstrated commitment to the values and principles of the social work profession