Dr. Richard Tureen Scholarship
The Dr. Richard Tureen Scholarship was established to memorialize his compassion, dedication, commitment to life-long learning and provide financial assistance to students in the Masters in Counseling program housed in the Adrian Dominican School of Education.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must have demonstrated financial need, determined by the Office of Financial Aid as indicated by the candidate’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid (“FAFSA”) form completion and review
- Must be a student in good standing and currently enrolled in the Masters in Counseling program at the University’s Adrian Dominican School of Education
- Must have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours at the time of application
- Must be changing careers
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Must submit two (2) recommendations from a University professor or an individual that can attest to the candidate’s character and/or accomplishments
- Must submit an essay (300-400) words articulating how the student intends to manifest, in their life, the value of the Counseling program and Barry University
Preference, which is not mandatory for application nor given equal weight to required criteria, will be given to candidates who have demonstrated selflessness to benefit the underserved through direct service or advocacy, strength of character, responsibility, maturity, honesty, determination, accountability, unselfishness, integrity and other laudable characteristics.