Judith A. Balcerski Endowed Nursing Scholarship
The Judith A. Balcerski Endowed Scholarship was established to recognize Judith Balcerski, PhD, RN, Dean, School of Nursing (1996-2002) for her outstanding and sustained commitment to nursing students; thirty-three year dedication to quality education and Barry University; and belief in community services as a hallmark of a well-rounded professional.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled as a baccalaureate, masters or doctoral nursing student at Barry University’s College of Nursing and Health Sciences (CNHS)
- Have a 3.0 or greater cumulative GPA if an undergraduate
- Have a 3.5 or greater cumulative GPA if graduate or doctoral student
- Demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Barry University Office of Financial Aid and based on the FAFSA form completion and review
- Submit a 500 word essay demonstrating ongoing commitment to the University, CNHS, and describe service in keeping with the University’s mission, including description of community service which is mission consistent